Sunday, April 8, 2007

Green beans

Miss Lily was a trooper this evening. She didn't seem to like green beans too much but she soldiered her way through the whole jar. It just took a while. Fortunately for me, she hasn't realized that when she opens her mouth to cry it gives me a great opportunity to plop some more food in her mouth. This picture might suggest that she's catching on. I try really hard to have a game face when I feed her vegetables. I smell the food I give to her and it almost makes me retch. Imagine soft veggies with no salt and no butter. And that would be okay, but pureed??? UGH. She is eating a lot more solid food now. I anticipate giving her a solid lunch in a few weeks. Right now meal 1 and 5 are solid. Solid! Wasn't that a slang thing in the 70's? You raised up your fist and said "solid!". I don't know. Anyhoo, soon we'll be up to meals 1, 3 & 5. I can't wait for her to feed herself. I realize it will be a big mess, but look at the picture above. Is it really going to be THAT much more of a mess? I can put her in her highchair, give her a handful of cheerios and relax for a little bit instead of struggling with an octopus.

I don't think I put in a picture of the snow we got yesterday morning. So here's one. Hopefully grandma and grandpa are coming up this weekend. We'll celebrate some birthdays. :) But somehow I'm sure it will end up being all about Lily. Has anyone else watched the Shaun of the Sheep video? I walk around all day singing, it's Shaun the Sheep, it's Shaun the Sheep.... I'm surprised Pedro hasn't thrown a shoe at me yet.

2 comments:

Esther said...

Ahhh... that picture has made my night! I would have watched the video, but my computer is(I feel bad telling the truth in front of it) "special", and only gives me videos in dispersed fragments.
Okay, back to Sartre and my essay on 'nothing'.

LzyMom said...

Awww, I like "special" computers. They're not good for much I suppose... I think I just like things with foibles, including people. :)