Monday, April 9, 2007

Doe a Deer


I just saw 2 deer hightail it through my front yard. I'm always so impressed that some of them know to look for cars before they cross the street. Maybe more of them know to look, but get spooked and just run out. It's my opinion that evolution is at hand. The deer that hold back and learn to check for cars are living and reproducing (if they aren't getting killed by hunters) and the ones that just run out are being thinned out. Nature's way, right? Those aren't them in the photo. :)


I do have some big plans today but I'm not sure how they're going to pan out. Yes, Lily woke me up again. I can't even remember what she was doing. I think she was on her belly. She's so funny - Saturday she hardly took any naps at all and yesterday (Sunday) all she did was sleep. I guess as she grows her sleep requirements change and she and I have to figure that out like everything else. :) I want to take some things to Goodwill and get them out of the house. I'm slowly getting things cleared out. I also want to go to a used bookstore to sell some books but I think that would be easier with Pedro holding the Lily. There's a new consignment store for plus sized clothes (that would be me!) and I want to take some skirts there that I don't think I've ever worn. Hopefully I can make some money! Then I have to get some things from Food Lion so for me, that's a pretty full crazy day. Because in the midst of all that, I still have a crazy baby to take care of. :) Oh gosh, she's almost in the closet again. Now she's in the closet. Well I took a pic. See folks, live updates as it happens! Call me SNN.

Oh dear. Three more deer just went through my yard, at a much more leisurely pace. There's a young one with a long gash in his side. :( I'll try not to bug them so they can eat and fatten up. And on that note, Miss Lily is still in the closet so I'd better go get her. :)

Update: I was rereading the post to check for errors (yes, I'm that pedantic) and I keep seeing deer go by! Gosh another two AND another one! It's deer day! There are some very big trucks that go up the hill that I live on, very fast. I will cry copious tears if a deer gets flattened in front of my house. I'll have to do the Inigo Montoya line from the Princess Bride "Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya, you killed my deer, prepare to die". Of course, I look nothing like Mandy Patinkin, nor do I have a sword but I think I'd be scary nonetheless. :) Oh and I forgot to mention that Lily got a hold of daddy's keyboard last night and got a good swing in on it. Great, now she's trying to kick mine. :) Happy Deer Day everyone.

No comments: