Sunday, April 1, 2007

call me tuna breath!


Okay, don't really call me that. Our across the street neighbor had a lovely treat for us today. Fresh tuna! He was out deepfishing yesterday and I guess they had a good haul. So it was some super fresh tuna. I pan seared it with cracked pepper, balsamic vinegar, salt and garlic powder. I knows it's supposed to be pink in the middle but I wasn't feeling good so I cooked the heck out of it. It was still yummy. I don't know if I've ever had fish that fresh except for the time I got to cook my own trout at camp. And quite frankly, skanky lake trout cannot hold a candle to yummy fresh yellowfin tuna. yummmmm! Mike, the aforementioned neighbor, had the exact same job that Pedro had in the Marines. Small world, no? He gave us a couple of pounds of tuna and I sectioned it away into 3 portions so we can have a couple more meals out of it. Also, just in case I screwed up cooking it, I'd have **** newsflash **** I just put my knuckle in Lily's mouth to see if she was hungry (she's been complaining for a while) and came across a tooth! That's daddy's hand in the picture. yay Lily!

Oh and here is another one of my favorite videos from youtube.

No comments: