Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Macaroons

G-pa likes coconut. G-pa is also the man who has (almost) everything. So we tend to give him coconut macaroons (are there other types of macaroons?) for celebrations. Now, I'm not sure that he likes them, but I've been told that he won't share them with anyone. I tried to get one for Lily the last time we were there, but g-pa held out on us. So fine.

I went to Whole Foods today and bought my own macaroons. I'm not a huge fan of coconut but I do like to expand my culinary horizons. Holy smokes. They are some dense little cookies. The inside of it is almost custardy. No wonder there aren't any sharesies.

Lily cried a lot at the doctor's office. The nurse tried to bribe her with candies and chocolate. Once she left the room, Lily stuffed Goobers down her gullet as fast as she could. :) Oh and Lily hasn't gained any weight. She was such a big baby that I think she's slowing down. I don't know, I can't explain what I mean. I'm still feverish!!! Anyway, it looks like she grew 3 inches. She's just shy of 36".

So no, she's not food deprived and I make sure she eats a varied and (mostly) healthy diet. I mean, really, she ate most of my grapefruit yesterday. hmpf She's active and muscular so I think she's okay. But we go back in 3 months instead of 6, just to make sure. I think she's been the same weight since October of last year. Now trust me, I give her full fat milk and occasionally french fries. I guess it could be worse - she could be losing weight.

Oh and also, I know that the measurements are perfect. Lily was crying and squirming and scales can be off. :) So no stress. She's happy (now that she's home) and healthy and that's all you can ask for. :)

UPDATE: After her bath tonight, I measured Lily against the wall. She's just shy of 34 and a half inches. It's hard to get an accurate reading at the doctor's office when she's squirming and crying.

No comments: