Thursday, April 17, 2008

Wow

I've been working hard on cleaning up my desk today. I don't really have a reason. I think seeing the mess left behind after my father died really lit a fire under me to get rid of things I don't need. I have a small pile of things for Goodwill and I recycled a lot of paper. I even chucked a ring of keys I hadn't seen in 5 years. Seriously, if I didn't need it all this time....

Oh and Lily doesn't need me anymore. She can put on her own shoes, eat her own oatmeal and yogurt. hmmm I know there's more. She talks a lot more. I guess grandma was a good conversationalist. :)

Do not leave maxipads in an open suitcase on the floor. Sigh. I wish I could have fun with anything like Lily does. Of course, that would also mean that someone else would clean up the mess.... Maybe some of you can advise me on what to do with pictures that I don't want. I feel kind of guilty throwing out old pictures of people who I don't know, but what else am I supposed to do with them? Could people use them for art projects? I have a ton of pictures and I don't want them and can't think of a use for them. Ideas please.... :)

Let's see. Oh I was going to put down a happy dad memory. I've already told this to some people, but too bad. My father was really into helping people. One rainy day we were at a mall, in the liquor store. (of course - ha!) A man on crutches came in the mall and within a few steps he slipped and fell. I was about 9 or 10 and just watching, as irritating children do. No one rushed to help him. They looked but kept on walking. I remember seeing him struggle to get up and all of a sudden my dad saw him. My dad hurried out and helped the man up and get his feet. I remember how grateful the guy was. Then we went back in for the booze. :) I try to do the same. I mean, not the booze part. I hold doors open for people or I'll see someone struggling to get something off of a high shelf and offer to get it. (or wait until they notice me towering over them). I like helping people too although I'm a touch shy about it. So people, go and help someone today and see how much better you feel. :) But ask first! What's that joke about the old lady and the boy scout?

Oh and in case you were wondering...

Trust me, that's a 100x better. :)

No comments: