Sunday, April 20, 2008

Cupcake Queen

Well, Betsey Booms was right. Watching a toddler eat a cupcake is pretty entertaining. I finally made it to Chandler's Bakery yesterday. I bought myself a napolean. Then proceeded to make an unholy mess in the car. :) I waited to get home before giving Lily her cupcake. She started slowly. In fact, she made sure that she got every sprinkle that dropped off the top. :) Is it possible to be messy and meticulous?? Just curious. Lily even got a pretty plastic ring on her cupcake. Chandler's rocks.

I like this next pic because if you look closely (click to embiggen!) you can see Pedro snarfing down a Klondike bar. Should I also mention that Pedro's been getting us up at 6:30am? Regardless of whether it's a weekend or weekday? I think I almost liked it better when he'd stay up until 2am. Sigh. I did plead for mercy and I got to sleep in until 8. hmmm I know I had some other stuff to blog about...

Oh yeah, I have been finding it tricky to get back into a routine here. My auntie spoiled me a bit in Vancouver. We'd take turns going to Starbucks in the morning. Then we'd either have a massage and go for lunch, or go for lunch and then have a massage. We didn't go everyday but I did have three treatments in five days so... Anyway, it was nice and it's hard to get back to the grind. So thank you auntie for spoiling me a bit. And then of course, there was martini hour.... I'm kind of surprised I made it back. :)

Lily's been waking me up at night the last two nights. We have been taking her to the park but the way she's thrashing her legs around makes me think she might be having growing pains. It seems to take her quite a while to get comfy and then she starts kicking again. Any thoughts? And I know some of you are reading but not commenting. M'Lou gets a pass cuz she's on the road but come on G-ma!

What Pedro said to me, 45 seconds ago, "You're pulling on the fart muscle." Say what???

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Busted g-ma:0 :):)::):):)

Anonymous said...

Sorry I was low on the energy pole when you called. Any time you want to come down you just come. This is your home also. Love Sarah

LzyMom said...

Thanks, G-ma. Sorry we didn't make it down there this weekend - I think I needed more time at home to get settled. :) I hope the garage sale went well!

Mrs. Booms said...

Isn't it the best thing ever???