Tuesday, April 8, 2008

*Smile*

As I was watching Sesame Street this morning, I remembered something that always used to make me smile. I'm trying to think of how to set this up. The CBC (Canadian Broadcasting something) used to use little fillers in between shows. There used to be this one, right before All My Children came on. My mother taped it, thank you very much. I abhor, ABHOR!, soap operas.

Anyhoo, picture it: a little girl with Down's syndrome in a bumper car. I think she was wearing glasses and a blue jacket. A look of complete concentration on her face. The wheel was cranked hard so she was going backwards in circles. What made this perfect? Willie Nelson's On the Road Again, playing in the background. I used to laugh so hard. And not at her. Just because it was so perfect. And I don't even know if I can explain why I thought it was so perfect. I sat there transfixed for the whole 45 seconds and it would just fill me with joy. :)

In other news, I'm going to start packing soon. I ordered a cool knapsack from Endless.com. Free overnight shipping. Sometimes they have overnight shipping and pay you $5. Plus they have some hot shoes. Check out the Naughty Monkey. Anyway, once my knapsack gets here I can put my passport and other stuff in it. Like my granola bars. M'Lou warned me that they do sell food on the plane but they run out of it. As they did to her, twice in one day. I remember that. She got to our house and was starving. Pedro was kind and grilled her a steak at 10 at night, or something. :)

I hear that the washing machine has stopped. Time for the next load. :P *humming On the Road Again*

No comments: