Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Progress = sadness

I'm a little not happy with how things are going in my hood these days. A few acres of trees have been torn down to make way for "villa homes", whatever they are, by the main gate. Pedro and I still can't get used to the bareness. I know that sounds weird but the ground looks naked. Where'd the forest go??? Anyway, so there are other subdivisions going up, the traffic is getting worse, and finally, my favorite pharmacy is closing. I knew a CVS was opening but I was determined to shop at the old place. It's a little more down home country, kind of a thing. Plus I have never had a good experience at CVS. So, I'm kind of wondering if it's still worth it to live out here. There's a 30 minute drive into town, and there's going to be less and less of the peacefulness that drew me here. Pedro and I have started to talk about moving into Charlottesville. I'd have to ask my city peeps about quiet areas. We're not ready to move anytime soon but we're liking this area, less and less.

Although, we are getting a Papa John's pizza soon, and if we could just get a good, GOOD, Chinese restaurant that DELIVERS! I might be able to stay. I heard a few people today talking about how they don't like what's going on either. I know the county is probably thinking about the revenues but I'm worried about the traffic (several people a year die on the local roads), and the infrastructure. We had cutbacks last year because of an almost drought. Can we really afford to put in three or four more subdivisions? How about to take care of the people already living here??? My cats' vet is on the council. He's getting an earful next time I see him!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello, hello Lily.
g-ma loves you