Saturday, April 26, 2008

Biter

I don't think I wrote about Lily biting me. I still have a faint mark on my arm. She leaned over, bit me, and then pulled away with my skin still in her teeth! She stopped when I yelled. I think I gave birth to Hannibal Lecter! I can tell that she's asserting herself more. Or, trying to. This morning she didn't want to come and get her diaper changed because she wanted to watch Shaun the Sheep. So tears ensued but we got her on the bed. Then I tried to put her down, so she could go and watch her show. Another shower of tears. So I snuggled her (because she jammed herself up against me) but I asked her about Shaun the Sheep. She said something that sounded vaguely Shuanish and took off. I mean, Really.

Anyhoo, as hot as it was yesterday, Miss Lily brought me her monster slippers to put on her. It's an interesting look, no? Let's see, today we're going over to G-ma and G-pa's house to celebrate a few birthdays. I'm going to try to get to the gym before we go. I really hate doing cardio. But I know it's probably the only way to lose weight. I've tried eating differently. Eating less doesn't work. When I'm hungry, people's lives could be at steak. Ah hahahahaha! Steak, stake, get it? Whatever. You're wondering who the little munchkin is on the right, right? Well, I'll give you a hint. She's the writer of this blog. And that's the only hint you'll get!

Well, I guess I should go and get ready for my day. I really appreciated Lily waking up at 6 this morning. It's only Saturday. Sigh. I might have to have a nap on the way down today. I honestly wake up every few hours to make sure Lily's still on the bed. She and I have been closer since I left. Well, more like, she doesn't want me to leave her sight and refuses to go to sleep without me. She's so cute. When I get home from the gym, she grabs her blankets and makes her way to the bedroom. And yes, that's my mom in the picture. I think this was at the old house, which they sold when I was around 6 months so I was probably that age or a little younger. Doesn't my mom look good for a chick that just gave birth? I'm still working off my baby spare tire.

Enjoy your weekend!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This photo is incredible. I see where you got your wonderful beautiful smiles. Your mother was beautiful. g-ma

Anonymous said...

Aw, Sonia as a baby. Too cute. :) I like the picture of you and your mom, so sweet. With that smile, she looks like she really enjoyed life! -Stacy

LzyMom said...

Awww thanks, ladies.

My mom was pretty cool. :)