Sunday, April 6, 2008

Well, it's official

I got my suitcase out from the back of the closet. Mayhem ensued for 5 minutes as I tried to figure out how to open it. Then more mayhem as I tried to find the keys. Sigh. All is well. I'm going to try to pack lightly as I'm sure I'll have some things to bring home. :) Probably some old pictures, but for sure some Canadian chocolates. Watch out Purdy's! And that's it really. Pedro keeps on begging me to bring home some dried ginger beef but I just don't think it will taste good after a day in my suitcase. And think of what my clothes will smell like...!

I still don't know why I'm filled with so much anxiety about going to Vancouver. I know I'll miss Lily. I'll miss my home. I won't miss Pedro cuz he's grumpy. And I'm sure to get a lot of sleep. Maybe my dad's death will finally become real. 3000 miles gives some emotional distance too, I guess. I also haven't flown since 2002 and there have been a lot of changes. I just don't want any hassles. I want to have everything at the ready - I'm even willing to wear flip flops so I won't have to take off my shoes. Although my toes will freeze off in Vancouver. Someone recommended that I take some sage with me to my dad's house so I can do some smudging. Great idea.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

When we think bad mo-jo is in the air we light a smudge stick and wave it in each room of the house.

We have a small stash of sticks, but I had no idea they had a name until your post - thanks!

LzyMom said...

You're welcome! It's amazing how well it works. :)

I just don't think I want to put something that smells so herbally, in my suitcase as I'm crossing borders... :)

M'Lou said...

Forget the smudging. I have asthma in case you've forgotten. So smudge off.