Saturday, April 19, 2008

Life - a comment

I know the US is going through some rough financial times. Have we agreed it's a recession? I don't know enough about it to comment. I do know that groceries have gone up! I've started buying the store brand if I can, or I'm switching brands if other things are on sale. I went to Burger King (I know, I know) for lunch yesterday and it was over $6. I was a little shocked. So much for a money saving combo meal. And then gas. At some stations it's $3.41 a gallon. It was around $3.26 when I left for Vancouver. What happened, y'all?

I've decided that I really don't want to work when I'm in school, so I'm trying to put aside money to pay for gas. I think that 16 hours of class, plus looking after Lily and trying to get to the gym, is enough to concentrate on. I guess if I have to find a job I will but I'd really rather not, and I think I can squeak by without it.

I've also been trying to cutback on our electricity and water usage. In Vancouver, M'Lou would tell me to shut off the engine cuz I have a habit of leaving it running until I leave the car. It's hot in VA, y'all would do the same thing. :) Anyhoo, at the grocery store yesterday, I heard a loud engine running as I was passing a pickup truck. There was a pretty hound in the back of it but I didn't see anyone in the front. There was no one in that vehicle while it was running! I thought M'Lou would would go postal! (if she were there) So there's a lot that people could do to cutback on certain resources. (white pickup truck owner, I'm looking at you!)

Lastly, I've been having dreams of bad spirits. For two nights in a row now! I did much better last night. I told it to get lost. It's weird because I feel like the thing with my dad is over. I don't think I have any lingering whatever. Maybe I should do some smudging. After cleaning out my desk, I found my sage!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Only focus on the beautiful strong good spirit that is yours and of the love of all around you. You have a strong family around you. You are ours now:):):):):):):):)
Big Love g-ma