Friday, April 18, 2008

18 months!

Well, we made it to 18 months. Lily is well on her way to becoming a little girl. Of course, we have to get through the terrible twos. I'm trying really hard to be sensitive and pick up on her clues, but it's hard. Our relationship is always changing. I mean, duh, I'll always be her mom but the things that she wants to do and how she wants to do them are always evolving and so my duties change as well. Today she really wanted to eat her afternoon snack in her highchair. She used to not like the highchair so much but whatever, I put her in there. She happily ate her yogurt while I washed her sippy cups and cleaned up the kitchen. I used to have to put off doing dishes until nighttime because I didn't want to leave her unattended for that long. So awesome, we have a new thing that we can do. :)

The above pic is Lily watching Shaun the Sheep. You have to have a good hold on her because she starts to dance once the music comes on. :) Lily and I went to Old Navy today to get her a couple of sun hats. I ran into an old friend today and we chatted outside for 15 minutes or more. I could feel the sun on me and I'm sure Lily was broiling. It is 90F right now!!! That's about 32C. I mean, REALLY. It's only April. I shudder to think what August will be like. Anyhoo, I wanted to get her some hats to help shade her. Well, of course, I got some other things too. Yes, I know. Her hat and shorts match. The polo shirt also matches. Sigh. Well, you know what that means, right? ATTENTION LILY SHOPPERS: We need some blue or white shoes!

I know, I'm incorrigible. I love how the back of the shirt is cut. Is that a racing back?? I think it's very flattering. And no, I'm not going to get the same thing in my size. And no, I won't deny that I thought about it. :) I have been impressed with the change in Pedro. He's much better at dealing with Lily. Although, he admitted that he didn't have much of a choice while I was gone. But he did have a choice and it looks like he made the right one. I now get lectured on taking care of Lily, which as the survivor of sleep deprivation for many months, I don't fully appreciate.

I also got Lily a little sundress. It's a little mu mu looking to me but I think it's all cotton and it looks really light and comfortable. I just cannot get over how much she changed in a week. She definitely had a growth spurt. Her feet look huge! :) I'm not put out by the change - I'm rather charmed by it. I feel like we're getting glimpses of the stunning chick she will become. :) Oh dear, I just remembered that I should go to the gym tonight. I've been quite run down and I've talked myself out of going but I don't want to get too comfortable being a lazy so and so. Plus I have Klondike bars in the freezer. Seriously, I thought the bars were twice as big as they actually are, so when I read that they have 250 calories I thought that's pretty good. Then I pulled one out. I keep it in the freezer and take a bite when I want something sweet and cool. :)

Oh yeah, and one more thing...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love Miss Lily in blue, the capries are just the cats mewow. See you later off to find blue/white shoes:):):):) g-ma

LzyMom said...

Once I saw that the shorts matched the hat, I just had to get it all. I don't think that will be a playground outfit. It will be a going-out-and-looking-good outfit. :)