Saturday, May 3, 2008

blah

First off, Happy Birthday G-ma! (in case I forget to call later). I'm still trucking along with my cold. It's better-ish. I feel like I have an ear infection now. :( I'm still coughing up lots of stuff (pretty) and I still have loads of snot. This has been a really awful cold. hmpf! So far Lily hasn't exhibited any signs of it.

I know I haven't written in a few days. I've been really drained. I had some errands to run on Thursday and then met a friend for lunch and Lily and I crashed when we got home and didn't get up until 4:30! Oh well. We're kind of bohemian with our sleeping schedules. Yes, I know, the more I stick to a routine, the better for her. But I do have a bad cold, you know! Not that I'm defensive about it or anything.

So, yeah, onto the macaroons. They kind of made me sick. All that coconut isn't good, apparently. Lily didn't like them. I did like them, but after eating a few of them (over a couple of days, thank you) I got some "eat no more!" signals from my body. The stomach cramps were a sure sign. Sigh. I guess I'll stick with my ginger snaps. :) And, no, the pictures aren't all that exciting but I did recharge the batteries and it does prove that Lily is still alive and kicking and opening up her daddy's deodorant. And that she loves her bracelet that g-ma got her. :)

Let's see, I haven't written in a while so there has to be something else... Oh when I was downtown, I did see someone get attacked! ack! I heard the swearing first and then I saw a younger shorter man pushing an older taller man, whilst swearing. Then he slammed him up against the window of a local gallery. I saw the glass ripple and was very glad it didn't give. Lily and I were in the car and pulling into a garage but I got my cell phone out. By the time I found a spot, the police were on the scene. But it made me feel sick to my stomach to see the violence. There was a woman there too, trying to get the younger man to stop. I heard her screaming when I was trying to find parking, which sort of added to my unease. They must have known each other because if someone started pushing me, I'd be pushing back! Anyway, I hope everyone's okay and back on their medication.

I did weed out the flowerbed today. For 45 minutes! And I burned over 400 calories! I like using the calorie calculator thingie. I know it's not exact but when I'm tired and I know I should go out wash the car. I'll look up the calories I could burn and be all, woohoo! Did that make sense? I took some ibuprofen but my ear is still throbbing. Sigh. I guess I'll be going to the doctor's office this week. :P

Anyway, Lily has become so active and amazing. Oh dear, Lily is stripping... I think she wants to run around the house naked. Nope, just a poop. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the birthday greeting. Hope you aren't getting am ear infection. You and Lily had quite an adventure. It is unsetteling to witness such actions. Oops there goes the poop flasher. :):):):))
Love g-ma