Thursday, November 29, 2007

Interference!

We had a ton of errands to run yesterday (5-ish) and we got through them okay. :) It's not the running around that I mind but getting Lily in and out of the car each time we have to stop and go in. She's almost 30 pounds and that's a lot of lifting! Anyway, I decided to interrupt Pedro's business lunch and drop off some paperwork. I lined it up so that Lily would be able to "run" to him in the restaurant. And boy, she sure did. BUT the hostess saw her and thought Lily was just randomly running so she scooped her up! Poor Lily was trying to get around the woman. Pedro and I kind of rolled our eyes at each other and Lily finally made it to her daddy. All that effort for naught!

It is weird how people don't mind picking up small children or touching them. How about a little respect for personal space??? Lily doesn't mind some people but others just set her off. She seems to do better with women than men (daddy excepted) as Nicole noted.

PS (tomorrow might be buy a new bed day - there's a huge sale at one store in town. Wish me luck!)

This is a video of Lily walking around with her "jingle" bell. She broke it yesterday at the bank. SIGH.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't blame the gal who picked the child up. There is a reason that little ones shouldn't be running through a restaurant and it is called safety. You and Lily knew where she was going but the woman didn't interfere, she did the appropriate thing.

So is the bed for Lily? I guess she could be about ready for one if you don't mind her being able to get up and going on her own. Is she climbing out of the crib already. I can't remember how old Matthew was when he would climb out. Poor Colleen was frantic - so worried that he was going to tumble out on his head. He was still so little and they had lowered the mattress in the crib as far as it would go. Finally they put the mattress on the floor of the closet and barricaded the door opening with one side of the crib. It worked for a little while.

LzyMom said...

No, the bed is for us. Lily is still quite content in her crib. The bed has a ummmm, sort of hollow that Pedro says appeared on my side while I was pregnant. Whatever! It is quite uncomfortable and this is a pretty amazing sale, but it ends tomorrow. So I'll need to go and test them out. :)

Actually, Pedro had seen us come in so this all took place in the lobby. I made sure no one was around. That lady ruined our grand entrance! But yes you're right restaurants have sharp things and hot food. But I was still disappointed.

Anonymous said...

Lily sure is a cutie and I bet she was delighted to see her daddy in a new environment.

Have fun bed hunting. I found it difficult to just try them for a moment and then try to decide. I think we should get right down to having a nap and see how comfortable it is after an hour or so. :) Some places advertise that they let you have a months trial.