Sunday, November 25, 2007

Nooooooo!

The change has finally happened. I no longer see Lily as a stumbling little baby. I see her as a little girl. Sigh. She got off of the bed by herself this morning as daddy slept. ha! She can get off and on the sofa, no problem. She can even get from a sitting position to a standing position without pulling up on anything. She has a much more sure-footed walk. Sigh. I'm happy she's progressing well but I miss my wee baby. Not that she was ever all that wee.

I think that I used to crave her getting older and more independent. Now I miss the good old days. :) At least we have memories and lots of pictures. I hope everyone had a good holiday weekend and that grandpa got some serious sleep!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yep, they grow up overnight. Yesterday she was a baby, today a toddler and tomorrow she will be heading off to college. Take pictures, soon that will be all that's left of the little girl.

LzyMom said...

They're only a baby once but they can be a pain in the butt forever, right? Lily is already asserting her independence. We had a lot of time outs today. And it's just starting...