Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Wowza

I had no idea it took so much effort to make homemade macaroni and cheese. I think my parents only ever made the boxed version so I always felt cheated. It took me an hour to make it. And that wasn't even including the cooking time. Good grief. It was good but it wasn't THAT good. I have to admit that it was pretty filling. Good thing I left room for cake! Lily is currently driving her daddy crazy. It's awesome. :) Sometimes I think that Pedro thinks I have it easy. So I cherish times like these when Lily puts him through his paces.

Oh dear, I did a lot of cooking and baking today. It was kind of fun. Now I have a big pile of dishes in the sink. How old do you think Lily has to be before she can do the dishes??? Oh and if anyone is wondering why I'm blogging more, I'm trying to beat the number of posts I did last month. Yes, I'm so competitive, I compete with myself. Oh shoot, that would have been a good Friday's Facts. Dern.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh our 'instant' society. Macaroni and cheese is not a difficult dish to prepare. Nor does it take long before it is ready to pop into the oven.

I personally do not like packaged Mac and Cheese. It is the fake cheese flavouring that is off putting. Esther liked it though.

One day she came home from a friend's house and told me to call the mom and ask for her recipe. Yep - Kraft dinner.

Anonymous said...

Oh our 'instant' society. Macaroni and cheese is not a difficult dish to prepare. Nor does it take long before it is ready to pop into the oven.

I personally do not like packaged Mac and Cheese. It is the fake cheese flavouring that is off putting. Esther liked it though.

One day she came home from a friend's house and told me to call the mom and ask for her recipe. Yep - Kraft dinner.

Anonymous said...

oops. I didn't think the button had worked so I pressed it again and got two messages instead of one. Now I can't figure out how to erase one of them. Grrr.

LzyMom said...

heee! I used the Joy of Cooking and it took a long time to get everything ready to go in the oven. Granted it was the first time I tried. It was good but I've had better.