Saturday, November 17, 2007

A+

That's my blood type. I found out when I was pregnant. My dad had always told me that I was an O. Because he is. Little things like blood transfusions aside, it is nice to know what your blood type is. I have the book, Eating Right for Your Blood Type. I'm sure most of you have heard of it. I thought I was an O, so at first I was eating for that type and I wasn't so impressed. But I've heard from a few people now, who swear by it. So I'm going to give it a try. For two reasons:

1. How can eating more veggies be bad for me?

2. When I was pregnant I lusted after all the things the book says are good for me. Fresh fruit, especially pineapples, and I hated eating meat. It felt so "dead". I ate a lot of yogurt and cheese for my protein. (I actually used to go to a grocery store for lunch and buy a bag full of fresh fruit for lunch - and a big container of chocolate milk for "protein". Ha!)

I can't go all the way into this yet because we still have a lot of groceries and I'm not going to throw them out over a fruity diet. (Pun intended) But I have started introducing the things I "should" be eating. I bought some more soy milk today and I had a Chik Burger for lunch. I feel good. Not stuffed, not lethargic. Good. :)

Fortunately, (or unfortunately for him) Pedro is also an A+ blood type. He's always complained that he didn't get enough veggies although he let himself be sucked into my meat eater's diet. This should be good for him too. Don't panic!! I don't know Miss Lily's blood type but I won't take her full fat milk away from her. Oh, and this isn't a vegetarian diet. It just cuts out all meat and some dairy. I'll still be eating poultry and fish. :) So it's just a lighter, hopefully healthier diet.

And everyone can wish me luck!!!! :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gee, I wonder who your real father is / was. Hmmmm. As far as I know, your Mom was an O and if your dad was too........ interesting. Did my sister have an affair? Oooooo, now I am interested. I wonder who your daddy is.

LzyMom said...

Meanie! Actually, I always wish my father was Gustav, their friend in Germany. Unfortunately, I know I look a lot like my "real" dad. :P

Anonymous said...

Hmmm. We'll have to find out what blood type Gustav is. :) I know your mom really liked him. But she did try to fix me up with him once.