Saturday, December 1, 2007

Fri-tur-day Facts

I'm a little late but I was wiped out last night. We went out to look at beds but the sale wasn't all that. So I came home to think about it. We went to the Shebeen for dinner. It was packed! Lily did really well for a hungry tired toddler. :)

1. A whistling sound woke me up last night. My lungs are full of gunk and I was wheezing.

2. Lily woke me up at 4 am or so. I brought her to bed and massaged her. I finally figured out her restlessness was her making sure I didn't miss any spots. I stopped rubbing her once I figured it out and she regretfully fell asleep.

3. The Baby Grace story has provoked a lot of my own childhood memories of abuse. If you're a parent and you have to tell your child that their punishment isn't so bad because some parents burn their children with cigarettes - please reassess your discipline cuz you've crossed a line somewhere.

4. When you're out for dinner with a cranky husband and a hungry baby, a glass of cold white wine tastes really really good.

5. Even though I have a cold (or something) I'm not missing my massage, I have been looking forward to it for weeks!

6. Lily has recently discovered that she'd rather squish her food than eat it.

7. This is going to be a short list cuz I have to run to get ready for my massage!!!!

If some of you are wondering who Baby Grace is here's a link. It's not a happy story.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I followed the link to baby 'Grace' but can't say that I was particularly shocked by it. It was rather 'run of the mill' stuff. There are some really sick people out there.

LzyMom said...

You're right - I read the stories all the time. I shouldn't but I feel so badly for the children. I know the only thing I can do is take good care of Lily and call the authorities if I see any evidence of a child being abused. I just wish some of these parents would put the child in their crib and walk away. Or call the police or fire department. They'd much rather come on a house call to save a kid than to pick up a body. Sigh.