Monday, November 19, 2007

Sleep!

Sorry, no new pictures but baby pictures are adorable, right? Lily slept from 7 pm until 7 am. With some minor noises around 2. That's pretty good, right? Well, Pedro beat her. He went to have a nap at 6 and didn't get up again until this morning at 7. I feel pretty good myself as I made myself go to bed before 10. It was luscious having all that time to myself last night. :)



Right now I'm waiting for the breakfast casserole to finish. I made it last night and let it soak overnight in the fridge. It's 5 slices of bread (buttered and cubed), 1 lb of sausage (cooked and crumbled), 3 cups of shredded cheese (I think I used 4 cups), 4 eggs mixed with 2 cups of milk, 1tsp of hot sauce and some salt. It smells divine! And fattening. :) Hey, I said I'm starting that diet change slowly!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

As the thoughts of breakfast pass, Johnny Cash distantly plays in the background........

Anonymous said...

Your breakfast casserole sounds gross to me.... but then I watched "Supersize Me" on TV last night. Wow... that really hit home. Americans are the fattest people on the continent. But with MacDonalds spreading to every country on six continents, soon the fat will spread. I noticed in China how slim all the people middle aged and older are and how fat some of the young people are. In Bejing you are never far from a McDonalds and they are always bustling. You have to wait at least 10 minutes to get a table if you decide you want to sit and eat.

LzyMom said...

The casserole wasn't all it was cracked up to be. And hey I had a half a grapefruit too! :) It's true about obesity becoming a crisis. I know people are responsible for the food they put in their mouth but if the food companies are making food that's bad for them...? I put off making dinner cuz I was bummed that I had to clean the lettuce leaves and then rip them up before I could eat them! Okay, that's just me being lazy. :) But some people (like me) find it hard to find the time to eat healthy. Well, that's not so true for me - I'm usually so tired all the time, I want something quick and easy to cook. I'm really pleased with my recent dietary change because I seem to have an even energy all day. And that's awesome. :) (See how I took a major social problem and made it all about me??) :)