Friday, November 2, 2007

Days

Well, I have a lot of days to make up for, don't I? Hallowe'en was a bust. We got 2 people!!! There have been more organized events lately here that people seem to really go in for. Trick or treat at the mall, trick or treat on the lawn (at UVA). I understand it might be more convenient and safer but some of my best memories are of dressing up and heading out at night on Hallowe'en. I never knew what would happen!!! Nothing bad ever did, thankfully. But I was ready!

I took some pictures of the house. At least I got some enjoyment out of my Boo bags. I dearly wanted to turn the B into a P, but I restrained myself. We have such a long dark driveway I used the 6 Boo bags to help guide people in. For all the good it did me. HMPF!

And no your eyes do not deceive you - those are my chrysanthemums blooming. I think they usually bloom in September. Lily was not happy that I was outside and she was pounding on the door. She has been so funny lately. She had a bad crying spell the other night and we could calm her down and she'd close her eyes to rest but one eye would open to make sure I was still there. It was very sweet but...

We had spaghetti the other night and of course, it started innocently enough. I think I'm going to have to strip down Miss Lily to her diapers when I give her anything with tomato sauce. Even with those stain removers her shirts are still discolored. Sigh.

Anyway, I think I'll just put up the rest of the pictures. Without a story, I mean. I think they're all from today. Lily cracks me up when she curls up in the toy box. She has a bigger one now so sometimes all I see is the top of her head. :)



8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think I gave out over 90 chocolate bars last year but only 65 this year. I guess some of the kids in the neighbourhood are growing up. I had a good time. The kids always are so enthusiastic when they see that I am handing them a full sized chocolate bar. I had seven repeats. The one group eyed each other like they had this BIG secret and I hadn't found them out. Like I don't remember their costumes. Especially when they are a group of five and come as a group of five the second time. They had quite unique costumes too. I just didn't say anything.

I am sorry that you just had two. That really sucks after you went to some trouble to prepare.

The Mom and Roxi Page said...

Bring Miss Lily to auntie Nicoles next year. It was bumppin. around 100 goolies came by. We were pirates this year, but next year is going to be Rasta theme. have Lily grow those dreds. Sorry for the bad turn out at your place. Ten years at our last house we only got maybe 2.

LzyMom said...

Okay Auntie Nicole, we'll be there next year! I think because we don't have streetlights, nor sidewalks and there are great long stretches between houses that trick or treating is a little bit daunting. Oh well, I had fun with my Boo bags. :)

And M'Lou that's hilarious about the repeat group of 5. heee! Sounds like something I might have done. :)

Anonymous said...

At least Lily is having great fun
with the pumpkin, I wonder what she is contemplating with her little finger in front of her spagetti stained face:).
g-ma

Jennifer said...

I'm a fan of the 'toy box' pics. So cute.

LzyMom said...

Thanks, Jennifer. I just hope she outgrows sitting in the toy box. I'd hate to think what size we'd need when she gets to high school! :)

The Mom and Roxi Page said...

Hey It's better than taking a wiz in your sand box and then playing in it. Ask Page, he will explain.

LzyMom said...

Actually Nicole, I have heard about the sand box escapades. He must be proud of it. And Miss Lily must take after him, cuz she got me last night on the foot, while waiting to be put in her bath. Sigh.