Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Pumpkin

After changing my mind several times, we've decided to go ahead and give out candy. I tried to get Lily a costume but she absolutely refused to wear one. Okay, she didn't like the witch's hats. I did find some head band thingies for Hallowe'en that she thinks are funny. So I got one for her and for me. :)

Today she was looking so grown up. She's only one year old. What happened to my baby???? I wonder how I'll feel when I see her graduate high school? Anyway, she loves her pumpkin. I haven't carved it yet. Sigh. At least the candy is ready to go. I even put up some sticky decorations on the door! I have some orange paper bags that say "BOO" on them. You put sand in the bottom so they don't blow away and then put a tealight in them. Yes, I will have a big bucket of water very close by.

I happened to get the pumpkin from Whole Foods. Not that I needed an organic one or anything. That just happened to be where I was when I saw one. Jeeze, defensive much? Anyway, Lily loves it. She can even lift it up. Oh yeah, my point was that I got the pumpkin on Sunday and I was back at WF today and no more pumpkins! Good thing I got it when I did. I wish everyone a happy and safe and SPOOKY Hallowe'en. :) May your candy bags be full and your spirits be liquid. ummmm

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey my girls and guy,
Looks like theres going to be a great Pumpkin day and lost of fun
giving out candy. Miss Lily you
look sooooooooo grown up in your jeans. Be safe.
Love g-ma

Anonymous said...

Since your pumpkin IS organic I hope you plan to make pie. LOL