Saturday, December 15, 2007

On Target!

It's late and I'm tired and I went to Target today. First, I met Stacy for lunch and we had a good ole time chatting away over our veggie pakoras. :) Have I mentioned how much I love Indian food??? Anyhoo, this picture is of Lily a couple of days ago when somehow I woke up with the energy to make pancakes! I mixed in some blackberries. They're supposed to be good for me but I've discovered that I really, REALLY, don't like them. It's a funny world, huh? (as a side note, she threw up on her pancakes, so maybe she doesn't like them either?)

Let's see, I picked up some Christmas presents today. As per usual, whenever I get presents for people I have to get something for myself as well. :) I saw a lady with some really cute Sesame Street bath toys. My gut instinct was to ask her where she got them, but I was too shy so I wasted 20 minutes looking for them. Sigh. Come on, a cookie monster squirt toy would be AWESOME! Oh and what is Lily eating??? A slice of Terry's Chocolate Orange, thanks to her daddy, the pusher.

I've tried so hard to keep Lily's life free of sweets. I know, I KNOW, it's almost Christmas and treats are part of the game, but I think that the forging of a relationship between a child and chocolate is not easy, perhaps impossible, to break. Sigh. Of course, this means we can use chocolate as an incentive. I have this bad feeling that my cookie addiction may have started like this.... On the plus side, guess who likes vanilla soy milk??? (aside from me)

I did kind of take umbrage with the fact that the Very Vanilla soymilk says "fortified for kids". I'm not a kid. It made me feel like a bit of a cheat. It's not my fault it tastes like soft serve ice cream. In fact, I've been drinking it for weeks but today was the first time I paid attention to the all the jibber jabber on the carton. It also means, I can share it with Lily without worrying that it might not be getting all the nutrients she needs. I worry like that cuz I'm a good mom. :) Oh yeah! Lily has stopped taking her before bed bottle. I was wondering when I'd have to start to wean her off of it and then 2 or 3 nights ago she refused it. Awesome. :)

No comments: