Thursday, December 6, 2007

Naps

I am blogging a lot even with Miss Lily sick. Probably because she needs so many naps. I need them too! She woke me up every hour until 4am last night. She didn't wake up, but she'd cough in her sleep and then cry a little. So I'd LEAP (!) from bed to tend to her. I finally took her to bed with me. It was a struggle keeping her propped up on the pillow. She seems to have figured out that she's getting more attention because she's sick. She's acting a little bit like a princess today...

She initially wasn't interested in me taking pictures of her with her hat on. She stomped on through the house. :) Probably because she knows she's not color coordinated. :) Oh well. It's okay on sick days. :) It's weird to watch her behavior. Last night she was so miserable and Pedro was kind enough to suction out her nose for me. We gave her tylenol, put on Vick's baby rub, etc. This morning she's been going like gang busters (with an exceptionally runny nose). She is sleeping right now and there's a huge mucus circle around her head. Yes, I'm going to wash her sheets. I mean, I have a big pile of vomity clothes to wash as well. :) See all my friends without kids, doesn't this sound GREAT?! :)

Anyway, I should take this time to take care of myself as well. My nose is so plugged that I can't smell when Lily has a poopie diaper, I have to visually check. The lack of the power to smell has been quite a gift this last couple of days. :) I know that means when I do get that sensory ability back that her poops are going to smell twice as bad. Sigh.

PS ( The spots on her shirt in the last picture aren't vomit - I had exceptionally bad aim with the oatmeal this morning)

No comments: