Wednesday, December 5, 2007

*Plop* (the other shoe dropping)

Miss Lily has my cold now. I really feel for her. I was miserable with all the cough medicine I could (and did) take and she can't have any of it. Sigh. I took some pictures of her this morning on the couch. She stayed in one spot, which is MOST unusual. She's been coughing too, which makes her cry. Poor wee thing. I called the doctor's office to get some advice. Basically, I have to keep doing what I've been doing. The cold could last 7 to 10 days. boo!

Grandma and grandpa, feel free to come up this weekend with some chicken soup (if you're not working!). I do feel a little sorry for myself, because I'm still getting over the dern thing myself and taking care of Lily all night is kind of exacting a toll on my body as well. I don't want to be sick longer than I have to be. I'll take care of her again tonight and then I'm pressing daddy into sick baby service.

I've been using that bulb syringe to clean out her nose and she HATES it. I think I'm going to go Pavlov on her and give her a spoonful of frozen yogurt after each time I suck out her nose. Then maybe she won't dread it so much. She's so strong and she yanks the thing out of her nose, when I'm trying to be gentle. So it takes twice as long and I have to pin her down to do it. Sigh. Anyway, if I don't post much in the next few days, I think everyone will understand why... :) Think happy healthy thoughts for Lily!

No comments: