Sunday, December 23, 2007

The After Christmas Glow...

We celebrated Christmas yesterday (the 22nd). It was kind of hectic getting everything together but it was great that everyone could get the day off to spend it together. That was a little vague but with 2 nurses and a firefighter in the family, it's hard to coordinate holidays. Lily only had a small meltdown (just kidding it was huge!) when g-ma, g-pa, auntie Nicole and Uncle Todd arrived. It took a couple of Christmas cookies to get her to calm down. Really, what's so bad that it can't be cured by cookies??? (Well, a lot of things really, but she's a baby and doesn't know that - in her book, cookies = good)

Once she calmed down we all had a good time. Grandpa wasted no time in sucking up to Lily with a piece of chocolate. You can see her looking up at him thinking, hmmm you're not so bad after all. :) Oh yeah, I didn't get to tell everyone that Lily had woken me up at 1:20 in the morning that day and kept me awake until 4. So I did my best to participate, I know I was scatterbrained. A big shout out to g-ma and Nicole for helping with dinner. And washing up. :)

I'm sorry, I didn't get any pictures of Lily opening presents. I was too busy opening my own! Okay, I wrapped Thriller and Harry Potter V for myself but I wanted to take the pressure off of Santa. Does anyone else do this?? Actually, I was so tired yesterday I forgot which cd and dvd I had bought myself. Surprise!!!! Now, this is what daddy and Lily got up to when I went to the grocery store today. Guess who loves chocolate??? Okay, that might not really narrow it down in my house.

Anyway, I hope everyone had a good time yesterday. I know I did, at least during my lucid times. :) Merry Christmas to all of you who still have to celebrate it! I actually feel like the pressure is off and I feel like I can really enjoy Christmas as a quiet reflective day. Of course, the sales start on Wednesday so I'll need to sharpen my credit cards for that.... :) What? Nobody else has a Christmas cat? Ha, suckas!

PS (I really hope Jennifer gets that puppy!)

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

As much as I want the puppy, it's just a pipe dream as my landlord would give us all the boot and we'd be homeless in 2008! :)

Maybe next year...

Merry Christmas!

LzyMom said...

She is a really adorable puppy. I have a thing for fluffy snuggly dogs. Who could resist those eyes???? It's too bad you can't get her. I hope she goes to a good family and I hope you find the right dog at the right time. :)

The Mom and Roxi Page said...

Thanks again Page and Sonia for cooking a tasty turkey. Hope to see you guys this weekend