Wednesday, March 18, 2009

The Sweet Life

I accomplished some things today. Also, I had three donuts for lunch. Sometimes things just work out that way. Dunkin Donuts has a 24 hour drive through here. I'm doing pretty well just going there once or twice a month. :P

Anyhoo, after we visited with the accountant and got some things straightened out, we went to a consignment shop. Lily doesn't really need anything and #2 has clothes and shoes galore. I thought well, maybe if I can find a party dress or some flip flops. I found a cute eggplant (aubergine!) colored velour dress for Lily. It's so cute. The grand total was $5.51! I've looked for dresses in various stores and been turned off by the $50 or $60 price tags. I mean, they don't last long for kids her age anyway. And this one is machine washable. By Marks & Spencer. Go me!

She really didn't want to pose for me. Mostly because she wanted to get her sandals back on. She LOVES those sandals. You can also see my mom's turquoise necklace on her. She took that over too. :) I did eventually get a better picture of her but she was picking errrr, something at the back of her dress.

I can't remember if I wrote about how good she was yesterday. I guess I could check my own blog... She was awesome at the bank and at the school. I told her how proud I was of her. Some of the ladies there were amazed that she could sit so still and entertain herself. Pedro said she took after him that way and I wondered when she was going to start complaining about slow hard drives and video cards. Maybe that's a ways off.

Lily has this new thing where she laughs hysterically every time I start to get undressed. I don't think she knows that she has a crack in her butt either. Mine is very very amusing, apparently. Anyway, Pedro is playing some stupid video about Linux being mistaken for Windows and I can't concentrate. I'll just say that my poor self-esteem is taking a beating.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the laugh. This entry just cracked my up. No pun intended.:):):):):):):):) g-ma

Anonymous said...

Cracked me up :):):):) g-ma

LzyMom said...

I'm glad my psychological scarring is worth some small entertainment value to someone. :)