Monday, March 23, 2009

Oi

I had the funniest thing happen to me today. I guess it wasn't all that funny but when I was putting Lily in the car in the Whole Foods parking lot, the cart got away from me when I wasn't looking and rolled down the hill into another car. It wasn't full, and my response was to laugh at the absurdity of it all. I noticed it was happening when I had Lily half in her car seat. There was another car stopped watching me. I wasn't about to leave Lily hanging halfway out just to go and get the cart. So I finished what I was doing and then went and retrieved it. It didn't bump hard into the other car's bumper, the cart had those protective plastic covers on the end corners, and the car was quite old. So I think it all worked out for the best. But I was laughing because of all those insurance commercials that show random carts speeding across parking lots. I thought it was all make believe. I guess I'll have to cart wrangle better in the future. :)

It still makes me laugh.

In other news, I went to the doctor today and the baby seems fine. No ultrasound, just the heartbeat thingie. The doctor let Lily push the button to turn on machine. Oh yeah, also in the elevator people were letting her push their floor button for them. I guess Lily had a pretty good day. She was so so good. We went to a lot of places today and she was well behaved in all of them. I told her how proud I was of her. :)

Now I have to think about getting dinner together. I'm really glad that I'm not racing off to class anymore. But, I'm still super tired. I suspect now that it's probably the later stage of pregnancy. Peace out!

No comments: