Saturday, March 14, 2009

The Internets let me down

I'm not sure how to begin this story of loss and betrayal. I guess the beginning....

A few years ago, a coworker of mine gave me this easy and terrific recipe for chicken enchiladas. It was gooey and saucy and cheesy and even a little crispy. It was, awesome.

So fast forward several years. I'm trying to decide what to make for a family with a newborn. (I'm trying to help out with the ladies having kids now cuz what goes around comes around). I have eclectic tastes when it comes to food so I think of something simple, yet delicious, that won't shock the taste buds of anyone. I remember this enchilada recipe. So I turn to my trusty internet connection to search out the recipe.

Nothing even comes close. Cream cheese in enchiladas???? Shoot me now.

So I'm going to try it from memory. (Cue insane laughter) I did find something promising on the can of enchilada sauce. So I think I can do this. I'm going to practice it a couple of times to get it right. I'm just like that. This poor lady has a husband, a child and a newborn. I don't want to give her indigestion to deal with as well. You know?

Loss and betrayal? Loss of the recipe and betrayal of the internet. What makes this recipe so unique? Spreadable cheese. You cook up the chicken then throw in the soft cheese and some salsa. It makes this delicious gooey mess. I couldn't find it in any recipe.

By the way, if anyone has a great chicken enchilada recipe that they swear by (and I will find you if it sucks) let me know.

Peace! (that's how Lily says recipes)

No comments: