Sunday, May 11, 2008

Smarter than the Average Bear?

Lily scared me yesterday. I moved a black shelving unit to my trunk and parts of it were like long black narrow round tubes. So Lily ran into the spare bedroom (I really need doorknob covers) and opened up the closet and grabbed a similar looking tube (for an old vacuum cleaner) and brought it out to me. I was like, how did she remember that was there and make the connection I might need that too? I was floored. I'm not sure what most 18 month olds can remember or how well they know that one thing is like another thing but I was a little scared at her mental capacity for her age.

Any thoughts?

Well, I need to get ready to go and spend Mother's day in Newport News. Pedro is staying home. So that means for Father's Day I get to go to the Outer Banks by myself??? Just wondering.

1 comment:

M'Lou said...

Children are very observant and it doesn't surprise me that she was able to do that. She is doing about what she should be for her age. Not abnormally advanced nor behind schedule. Relax, she is doing fine.