Friday, May 23, 2008

Moo baa!

Yes, it was petting farm day. I managed to get us up and out the door on time. Poor Lily was not ready for a 7am wakeup call. I actually let her sleep in until 7:30. :) But it was still a shock to her system. I don't think I've written about it here but Lily has not had a great schedule this week and it's been killing me. She's been sick and I started class so things have been different but we've been sleeping until 8:30 or 9, then she refuses to nap, or naps late and either stays up half the night or doesn't go to bed until 11. So I'm a stressed mommy. Not to mention the bug bites that are morphing into a deep purple mess. Seriously, if I know you and you're in the medical field, expect an email from me with a photo attachment...

So anyway, if my bite/skin infection/alien transformation oozes, I'm heading to a hospital. hmpf

Lily did pretty well today. As you can see, she started out slowly. And unfortunately, I forgot to crop the pictures so they'll be other people in them as well! More fun! I did try to explain that ponies and horses don't like bark, but Lily had her own ideas. Did I already mention that it was in a beautiful area! Kind of in the hills. I could smell honeysuckle (and goat poop) and the farm was surrounded by rolling hills covered in trees. It was so peaceful and lovely. :)

There are the trouble makers. The animals are so used to being fed by humans that they tend to mob you when you show up. The three baby goats ran straight at Lily and scared her at first. She's never met a goat before and you know, they aren't afraid of humans...

Lily really liked the black and white goat. She was following him around. :) OH! I almost forgot. The farm owner was handing out the goat feed so I took some for Lily, gave her a few pellets and she popped them in her mouth!!!! Thankfully, goat food tastes pretty awful so she spat them right back out. Good grief. :)

I also showed Lily how to feed a horse and she did really well. There was kind of a cranky horse that she was yelling at. He turned his butt to her and put his ears back so I moved her away. That's a lesson she's a little too young to learn. :) Now I'm kind of glad that we didn't stick around for the pony rides...

Did I mention that Lily is napping while I write this? I felt like I complained so thoroughly about her NOT napping that I forgot to say that I got her down today. I didn't have much of a choice. :) After going to bed at 11 with me and then waking up at 7:30, Miss Lily needed her nap. I don't want to be mean to her and deprive her of rest but I was at the end of my rope yesterday cuz she kept me up for almost 4 hours and I couldn't take anymore. Mommies are people too, you know. :)

Why did I take a picture of this place? It's a beautiful store in what feels to me like the middle of nowhere. I think it's on the way to Wintergreen resort so they probably get a lot of traffic. I stopped for juice for Lily and I but walked out with red wine, blue cheese, crackers, chips and juice. :) Quite a store. :)

And hey g-ma and g-pa, if you're interested the petting zoo is open on the weekends and there's strawberry picking in the neighborhood so let me know if you'd like to come up and explore!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love petting zoos - especially all the babies. It brings out the child in even an old crock like me. Lily looks like she was enjoying it. She'll be more confident the next time she goes and the next.... M'Lou

LzyMom said...

The petting farm wasn't that expensive and it was relatively close so I can see us going there again. :)

I love the little babies too. :)

Anonymous said...

The Petting Farm looks like great fun and picking strawberries sounds like fun. Lily looks like she is having great fun.
love g-ma