Thursday, May 15, 2008

Yay

I made it to the gym this morning. I meant to get up at 6 and out the door by 6:15 but it was more like, up at 6:15 and out the door by 6:45. oops. The gym was really quiet - it was nice. I didn't work out too hard as I'm still in recovery. :) This is a picture of Lily at playgroup last Friday. We have another under 2 playgroup to go to today. Then there's the stroller walk tomorrow. phew! It's kind of fun but I've been such a shut-in for so long it feels a little overwhelming at times. But as a mom, I feel like it's my duty to show Lily how to make friends.

I'm glad I got the doorknob covers. I'd like a few more so that I don't have to worry about Lily sneaking out of the room at night. She hid on me yesterday and because of all the mess in the livingroom (thanks Pedro) I had a really tough time finding her. I knew I had bolted the storm door so she was in the house somewhere!!! As you can see in the picture, she is all about being sneaky right now...

Oh and Lily can now climb into the bathtub on her own. Do they ever stop growing? Holy crap! I guess it's not that bad but it's like they say, as soon as you get used to them being at one stage, they move onto the next one! I try not to limit her and in fact, I've been trying to challenge her a bit more. I mean, I used to assume I'd need to point to things or keep questions simple. Now I just let things fly. It's more fun to learn some things on your own, right?

Lily found the Christmas book yesterday. I moved an antique piece to the front hall (Pedro said something about getting rid of it and I said something about removing his heart - hey family heirlooms do not just happen by accident!) and I thought it would be a great place for Lily's books. Now I just have to teach her to put them back....

I need to ask M'Lou who owned that little table-thingie first... M'Lou?

2 comments:

M'Lou said...

The table was in the house when I was growing up. Whether or not it came from Grandparents I do not know.

LzyMom said...

Oooh! A mystery...

I'll just have to protect it from Lily the way my parents protected it from me. I do know they freaked out the time I tried to draw on it with a ballpoint pen....