Monday, May 5, 2008

Cinco de Mayo - the Pantless Holiday

I agonized over Pantless or Pantsless. I get a red line underneath them either way so. :P It was another beautiful day. I was tired because Lily bellyflopped on me again all night. So I took her to the park today. I met a cool mom with a very cute little boy. We both want someone to go walking with so hopefully she and I can make that happen! Obviously, with our children. :)


Lily has started copying Linus. She drags her blankets with her everywhere. I mean, EVERYWHERE. It doesn't really both me. I think it's kind of cute. She's ummm, I can't think of the word. She's experimenting with controlling her environment. Is there a word for that??? She's also been more attached to her binkies so we're having a small war over that. I'm not too hard on her because I did leave her for a week. That excuse isn't going to last much longer so I hope Lily enjoys it while she can. :)

What's wrong with this picture? I changed Lily's diaper after her lunch and left her on the bed, without pants, to do what she wanted. Well, she took a while coming back out to the living room, which was weird as I was eating grapefruit and she LOVES grapefruit. So I look at her and something doesn't seem right, but I share my snack with her. So then she goes and stands in front of the tv. I was like, does her diaper have a crack in it???? The little stinker took off her diaper and then came out. No accidents, just a clueless mommy. She really is chip off the old block, huh g-ma??

1 comment:

M'Lou said...

Esther was 18 or 19 months old when she decided no more diapers. She only had a few accidents after that.

Your Grandma claimed to have toilet trained her three children by the time they were 9 months (for your mom)and a year (for Don) and I was somewhere in between.

I think she actually really just 'trained' herself to recognize the signs of having to go and got us on the toilet pronto.