Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Keep on keeping on....

"They" always say that you're supposed to rest the first week. Well, do "they" send someone who with you to wash the dishes? Or do the laundry? I do what I need to do to keep things running smoothly. Do I clean the bathroom? No. But I make sure I always have clean bottles and sippy cups. And I do two laundries a day. One for Lily, M and I and one for Pedro and the house. Us girls have delicate undergarments. :) That just keeps things moving along. I don't PUT the laundry away. It's kind of a free for all on the dining room table. :) I can't rest for a week. I've had naps every day and lay on the bed with Madi as much as I can, but I can't stay there the whole time.

However, I am feeling it today. Pedro was kind enough to get some things for me so that I didn't have to leave the house and now I have enough supplies to get through the rest of the week. I can hunker down and just do what I have to do. M'lou reminded me how much trouble I had getting Lily to sleep. I had forgotten. But I got the swing set up in the kitchen for Madi and I had a flashback to when I had it in the bedroom for Lily. She just wouldn't sleep through the night and so I put her in it, desperate for just an hour's sleep. Remembering that makes me so glad that I have a great sleeper like M. She slept almost 7 hours today. Waking up to eat a little and then right back to sleep. She was awake almost 4 hours this morning though, which was cool.

I guess I'm trying to say that things are a lot different this time around. I'm more relaxed and Madilyn is just one laid back chick. :) Thanks everyone for all your help and good wishes. Right back atcha!


No comments: