Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Cake Pie

I made some banana bread tonight and no matter how many times I've called it banana bread, Lily insists on calling it "cake pie". Which I guess is a pretty good compliment.

As I was looking for my grandma's secret banana bread recipe, I found lots of other interesting looking desserts. Butter tart squares, chocolate zucchini bread, and M'Lou's pumpkin something squares. I hope it's not a long fattening summer. Pedro's coworkers appreciate my baking efforts so I usually keep a little for me and send the bulk with him. :)

Also, I've tried other banana bread recipes and I'm sorry, but mine's the bomb. The others just don't have the right texture. Oh, tomorrow's Wednesday. Sigh. I guess that gets me one day closer to #2's entrance into the world. I'm so confused because I've been having some brutal contractions today. What does it take to get labour started? And I don't really want to find out because the other mom's scared me with their "ring of fire" stories. :(

No comments: