Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Bring on the Cute

M is having a good afternoon snooze. G-pa and Lily are out at the park. I had a good 30 minute nap. I drooled so I know I got some good z's. The only thing that could make today a little better is if I'd had more marshmallows in my Lucky Charms. I've tried to rest but as I said, I'm not very good at it. Parts of my body are feeling a lot better. I don't feel my stitches anymore. woo!

And actually, I'm up to date on laundry and dishes so today's been pretty relaxing. Lily's been pretty good about not going into the room when Madilyn's sleeping and she hasn't seemed too jealous. Yet. Pedro and I both work hard at giving her attention. I snuggle her after her bath and Pedro takes time to talk with her about whatever she's interested in. So she hasn't been shunted to the side. Not that a diva like her would let that happen.

She wanted to help with the baby's diaper this morning. But someone had a pretty wicked poop so Lily stood there alternating between stroking M's head and covering her face with her hands. heeee :) It's funny how babies are all the same in one way, but so different in others. She has a lot of muscle control in her neck and I have to be careful when I'm burping her because she'll move her head around to move herself across my chest. I thought Lily was a mover and grover. Groover? lol Sorry, I'm high on 30 minutes of sleep and Lucky Charms.

Anyway, lately I've been thinking about how I usually have the determination to get things done. Or, how I just can't rest until I get things done. My dad, for all of his many foibles, taught me to get off of my butt and finish things. Maybe that's why I hate it when projects aren't completed. Anyway, my father's motto was get it done and then you don't have to think about it. So, a posthumous thanks to my dad for teaching me some valuable life skills. Also, thanks for teaching me how to pour a beer. And how to use power tools. And paralell park - that one's a dying art.

No comments: