Friday, June 5, 2009

Better

I am feeling better now. I am hungry as all get out. Well, not right this second. I had a good portion of a large burger. :) Let's see what you do with THAT GI tract. :P Great, now the gauntlet has been thrown. I'd better go and restock the toilet paper just in case.

Yes, I've been looking at old Lily baby pictures today. I'm trying to remind myself of what I have to get ready for. Really, babies are a lot easier than toddlers. A cupboard door was busted off of its hinges last night. I raced into the kitchen to find Lily on the floor, looking shocked and the cupboard door in tears. I guess she tried to stand a little higher on the door. She's fine. The door is awaiting burial.

I just had a memory! Yes, kiss that clump of neurons good-bye. I remember leaving the hospital with Lily. Pedro was trying to get the car seat in (always a good idea to do that BEFORE you're trying to leave the hospital) and the nurse and I were moseying on down. I'm not sure why, but there was an untidy gaggle of old people in the lobby who descended upon poor Lily like locusts on some baby wheat. She was in the cart thing. I was too tired, so the nurse ran interference with the oldtimers. She was the best nurse ever. Seriously. I was spazzing over not having enough milk for Lily and having to break down and use formula. She looked me in the eye and said whatever decision I made for my family was the right one. *sniffle* That comment has really helped me over the years. Mostly when I give Lily ice cream for dinner. ha!

But anyway, when the heck am I going to have this baby???!!!

No comments: