Thursday, January 10, 2008

Well, color me embarrassed (that would be red)

Sir Edmund Hillary died today. I thought he had died ages ago. Possibly, on Mount Everest. OOPS

Onto Miss Lily. Or as I like to call her, Azteca, the Warrior Princess. It was kind of a rough day today. Lily fell and landed on her face. As far as I can tell, the pacifier in her mouth was pushed up under her nose and it lifted up a flap of skin. Yes, Lily had a bloody nose. Yes, mommy had a complete freak out. I'm not good in a crisis. If you need someone to spaz out and rip a door off of its hinges, I'm your girl.

Anyway, no I did not do her hair that way. She did have a rough day after all. Well, before we get to the gruesome nose picture, I'd like point out the monkey santa pajamas. Man, there are some good deals on Christmas stuff. 100% cotton and only $8! woot! In other news, my friend's nephew has the better kind of leukemia and instead of a bone marrow transplant, he's getting the blood transfusions and chemotherapy. So yay!



Gosh, I am really tired. I didn't get a chance to nap today. I was too wired up after the "accident" to rest. Yes, I know, Lily usually doesn't have a pacifier in her mouth unless she's sleeping, but she found it and I knew she was really really tired so.... Yes, I also feel like a bad mom. Sigh. I guess this means that the Miss Universe pageant is out for Lily. Okay, I don't really think that she broke her nose but I was sure scared.

Yes, I love it when Lily has messy hair, can you tell??? Anyway, I kind of feel like doing a Friday's Facts list now, since I have some time. I can't guarantee tomorrow!

1. We have to defrost the freezer this weekend. So it's eat all the ice cream and biscuits while you can week. :)

2. I haven't lost any weight this week.

3. I made a pedicure appointment. I'll have to pay for it with my savings but considering I can light matches off the bottom of my feet, I think it's worth it.

4. Lily bled blood and I didn't faint.

5. I love raspberry zinger tea. I drink boxes of it each month. mmmmm

6. I really want to get a dog. Lily's been quite messy lately and it would be nice to have someone else pick up for a change. :)

7. I no longer cut bananas into small pieces for Lily. I cut it into 4 chunks and she bites off her food like a real man! I mean, baby.

8. In my effort to be more organized I do the dishes every night and clean the kitchen so it won't be such a disaster when I'm not at my best. Yay me!

9. I'm about to give up sleep training Lily. It's so frustrating to put in so much effort and still get no sleep. Although, I did mean to bring a sippy cup full of water to bed with me tonight....

10. You'd think Girl Guide Thin Mint Cookie Ice Cream would taste better.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tenzing Norgay died in 1986. He was probably the REAL hero of Everest.

LzyMom said...

Was he the porter or the guide?

And how come you didn't comment on all the cute Lily pictures????

Anonymous said...

He was the head Sherpa and without him (or someone like him), Sir Edmund probably wouldn't have been a 'Sir' because he probably wouldn't have conquered Everest.

Like successful men usually have a very hard working wonderful wife (or staff of hardworking employees) to do the real work. :)

And why do I need to comment on the 'cute' Lily pictures? After one says "awe cute", "oh, so sweet" or some other innane comment repeatedly, it becomes rather boring. I am not saying that Lily is boring or that I don't love seeing the pictures - it is just that I can't think of anything new to say so I say nothing but I still enjoy seeing them.

Anonymous said...

You and Lily did well under the circumstance.
Love g-ma

Anonymous said...

it really touch my heart seeing her cute little nose hurt. hope she is feeling better today. You did fine under such situation. love gapa