Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Color me Happy (color = orange)

I'm on a roll today, no? Well, actually I'm on carrot cake. Not literally. I made some carrot cake from scratch and it's really delicious. Lily likes it too. :) You see, I bought a 5 pound bag of baby carrots from Sam's Club. Baby carrots are $3.98 for a 2lb bag at Whole Foods. I think it was $3 something for the bag at Sam's Club. A pretty good deal, no? So I get all the groceries home and then wonder how I'm going to eat a 5lb bag of baby carrots when I already have a 2lb bag at home. Solution = carrot cake. :) I can even make carrot cake muffins that I can freeze. Wooot! I think it's so good though, that I'll bless Pedro's coworkers with one. I'll do a better job of frosting it though. :) (And there won't be a big chunk missing - unless Pedro gets a hold of it)

I know a lot of things have happened today. Let's see, Lily's been putting things inside of other things and seeing how they fit. Awesome. She also put a big pile of books on the floor, then picked them all up and put them back. Double awesome. She likes to eat shredded cheese. Every time I've given her cheese she hasn't like it. Then I read about the shredded option. Another good source of protein and calcium. Yay! Oh there she is putting a star inside of a plastic container. Go Lily!

I got a picture of Lily looking through her new book. The illustrator, Daniel Mahoney, signed it and sent it to her. I'm a little more vigilant about letting her play with it than the others. There are a few books with chewed corners and ripped pages. What a Lilypants she is. :)

No comments: