Wednesday, January 9, 2008

The Great Pretender

I caught Lily doing something really amazing yesterday. She was playing pretend. :) She was pretending to pick something up (nothing was there) and put it in her mouth. Then she blabbed about how great it was. Sorry, my camera wasn't close by and I wasn't going to miss out on what she was doing to go and get it. :)

It's another warm day here today. It's just weird. I'm wearing shorts and I have the windows open. Hello? It's January. It just feels WRONG. Let's see. I'm feeling a little more perky today. I'm still sleep training Lily. Now since I don't have anything better to write about, I'll go into more detail. Lily is good at falling asleep. Lily is NOT good at staying asleep. At least, not since she got sick and every time she cried, we'd run in there to hold her and try to make her feel better.

Now Lily expects that every time she cries at night we will rush in to her. So sleep training (according to the Baby Whisperer) is to help Lily get back to sleep on her own. No cuddling, no late night snacks. Definitely, no books being read. You can let her know you're there to calm her, but it's up to her to get back to sleep on her own. So the first night I had to talk to her when she woke up. Every night since then, she wakes up and cries a little. I wait to see if she needs help but she usually flops over and falls back asleep. Yay!

I think part of the problem is that she is still in the same room as us. At some point this year, we're going to need to get her a bed. I feel bad when I go to bed at night because I'm worried that I'm disturbing her. When she has her little wake ups, she sure disturbs me! Oh yeah, and Pedro loves to sleep with her so Lily was waking up around midnight expecting someone to take her into the big bed. Every night as I get her ready for sleep, she takes off for the corner of the bed she used to sleep in. Nice try, slick!

Oh, my diet? hmpf I still feel good. When I eat something that's not on my list (of approved items) I feel it. Pedro actually eats a lot more vegetarian items now. How's that for a shocker?? (Say it "shocka") The scale says I'm not losing weight but my clothes are looser. So, who knows. I guess initially I was drawn to change my diet to lose weight. But I've felt so tired and yucky for so long that feeling good is a pretty good trade off. Now I have the energy to go for walks and do other things to lose weight. Yay me! I guess that means I have the energy to clean out the spare bedroom and paint it for Lily... boo!

No comments: