Monday, January 14, 2008

Depressed

I've been in a funk the last week or so. I'm not sure what's going on. I know that I'm trying to break out of the shell I've been in since I've had Lily and I'm not having much success. I'm trying to shake things up in the fashion department so I bought some new jeans and they were a little big but I figured they'd shrink up in the wash. So wrong. They were falling off of my butt most of the day yesterday. I spent hours and hours (really) looking online for shoes that are a little fun and racy. I found some and just received an email that they're back ordered. As they were on clearance, I really don't think they're going to be restocked. I also bought a cheap pair of shoes that were in my size without trying them on. Got them home and boom, too tight.

It's just been that sort of time for me. I know, all these things are little but I feel like I'm being held back by the fates! I did get 2 pairs of leggings that are comfy and that actually make it all the way down my legs. I got them for walking. I wonder if there's some sort of hint in all of that??? Well, guess what fate??? You can stuff your hints cuz I may be fat but I deserve some hot shoes! HMPF

Okay, scary lady stuff aside I guess everything else is okay. I think it may be a bad moon or something. Pedro's been in a bad mood too. Lily's been okay but very accident prone. This evening she bumped her chin, not badly, don't worry. I had my leg resting on the side of the tub and that was cramping someone's style. So she pushed on my leg and I moved it but she was pushing really hard and had all of her weight on my leg so she fell forward. :( Hopefully, a valuable lesson learned.

So, I guess life goes on. Without cool shoes. I mean, I have checked EVERYTHING! From Barney's NY to Payless. Is the housing crisis affecting shoe sales??? Okay, maybe I'm a little fussy. I need a chunky heel cuz there's no way I'm balancing on a stiletto heel while holding Miss Lily. At least, not for very long. And I'm restricted by the cost. But Still! I know, there are people out there with real problems.

In Lily news, she ate twice as much as usual today. I'm guessing it's a growth spurt. I hope she's taller in the morning. :)

6 comments:

The Mom and Roxi Page said...

Keep your chin up. If you can convince Pedro to pik you up Guitar hero for the Wii. That will help deminish the blues. Todd and i rocked out yesterday evening. There is nothing like a 30 something adult acting like a teenager again. He He.

LzyMom said...

Thanks, Nicole. I just want a pair of new shoes!! (that aren't specifically made to be comfortable or sensible!)

I know, if we all had such shallow problems. :)

Did you get my email about the peanut sauce! More we want!

Dream Waker said...

It's that time of the year, hang on and the sun will come out tomorrow or in a few months. Try Zappos.com.
they are offering overnight delivery:)
Love g-ma

LzyMom said...

Thanks, G-ma. I've tried zappos, I've tried shoesource.com. I feel like I've tried everything. I'm guessing I may just have to save up and get new shoes in the spring. I have enough shoes now, I just wanted something to make me feel better. :)

Anonymous said...

bring the jeans down and I will alter them for you.
Love g-ma

LzyMom said...

Thanks for the offer g-ma but I'm going to keep them the way they are in case I get pregnant this year. I'll need some big pants!

I just watched Lily fuss at her daddy cuz he was going to walk through a doorway before her! She is such a pistol. :)