Sunday, January 13, 2008

Head screwed on - check!

As I was driving home this afternoon, I was thinking of all the things to write about. Of course, now I can't remember anything. argh I don't have too many new pictures of Lily. I couldn't find my camera for 2 days. Which was strange considering it was on my desk, right in front of me. Dementia, be not proud...

Anyway, ripping off John Donne was not really what I had in mind. Let's see. Lily tried unsuccessfully to climb into Pedro's computer case. It was a leftover or her head would probably not be attached to her shoulders. Pedro gets a little stressed when his computer stuff is messed with. He threw a fit when Lily ripped off the cover of his magazine. So I was relieved when Pedro saw these pictures and laughed.

Ummm Lily slept through the night last night but I think that's because I gave her some baby tylenol. She has a whopping huge molar coming in on the top. There's still a thin strip of gum holding on. blech! I've been meaning to make a video of Lily in the bath (G-rated). She is so funny and takes so much pleasure from being in the water. She pretends to swim on her belly and floats forwards and backwards in the tub. :) I tell her to enjoy it, cuz if she's a long drink of water like her daddy and I, pretty soon she's going to be stuck with sitting!

I'm trying to think if there's anything new. She still calls me daddy. She's still pretty good about eating almost everything we give her. Oh yeah! She fell asleep in the car this evening so I knew her sleeping was going to be off tonight. It took her an hour to fall asleep. She tossed and turned in her crib then she started to stand up, hanging on to the side of the crib, clutching her blanket and leaning her head back as she tried to sleep. So I got up and put my arms around her and she closed her eyes and tried to fall asleep standing up while cuddling. Talk about something that could melt the grinchiest heart. So I brought her to bed and held her for the 5 minutes it took her to fall asleep. Sigh. I worry about it setting a bad precedent but as she's been falling asleep so well on her own and she had that nap, I thought I'd be flexible. I know, stop the presses, I was flexible!!!

Oh yeah! Lily's nose is doing fine. It's healing well on it's own so I'm not messing with it. :)

No comments: