Thursday, January 3, 2008

Double Time

Isn't that when you pick up the pace in dancing? I hope so. :) I've started another blog over at 365blog thingie. It's a challenge of sorts to write every day. Yes, I know. I have a 14th month old and I'm pretty busy but this blog is all about Lily (or it's supposed to be). So this is a way for me to blab about the other stuff that I don't feel comfortable writing about here. But I won't abandon Happy Baby Blog! Sometimes, I'm #3 in Google. Yes, I'm a dork. Anyway, 365blog is a good idea for people with more time on their hands... like great-auntmas....

Today, I had to go to the podiatrist. It was our 3rd trip there and apparently, the third trip is the charm. Lily was comfortable and was therefore more difficult to handle. :) My toe got a clean bill of health although I have a growth on another toe. The word "tumor" was bandied about which is GREAT. The doc said that malignant tumors are really rare on feet so I'm okay. I just need to make an appointment to get it cut off. Okay, I think this story could have been saved for the other blog.... oops!

Today's photos were about how cute Miss Lily looks in her Elmo jeans and almost-Ugg boots. It's still scary to me, how fast they grow up. So many people told me that babies change so quickly that I really took the time to appreciate Lily in all of her babyness. :) What freaks me out is that time is going by so quickly that I know I'm getting old! Yes, it always comes down to me. :) I'm trying to think if Lily did anything outstanding today, aside from rolling a can of beans under the shelves at Food Lion. I had to get down on my knees, thank you very much, to get it back. Oh yeah. I know I've written about how well Lily eats but she's really started to test my patience. I know she needs to learn to feed herself and I know that takes time and that she wants to learn, etc. I just worry about her getting enough to eat. Look at that skinny little thing!!!

PS (Thanks auntie Nicole for the Elmo jeans - they're awesome!)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

they grow tall and lean and then they fill out it amazing to watch,
she is right on target :)
Love g-ma
ps: I rather enjoyed both my girls sharing on happybaby blog

LzyMom said...

Thanks, g-ma. :) I still think she looks a bit skinny but then she was a healthy little beast when she came out so...

The Mom and Roxi Page said...

Hey atleast she will get some wear out of those baggy jeans. The goal is to get her clothes that will last longer than a week. She grew out of those baby clothes fast. Thanks for the Thanks. Auntie Nicole

Anonymous said...

Just what makes you think that Great Auntmas have the time or inclination to BLOG? Hmph. Seems that some people think that I have nothing but time on my hands. :)