Thursday, January 17, 2008

Color me Cozy (color = snow)

Wow, it is snowing like crazy outside! Pedro tried to drive to work, the road was blocked, he slid into a ditch, then brute forced his way out (if you've met him, you know he can do this - in a Jetta no less), then made his way home to a very happy to see him Lily. :) I was happy to see him too, now I don't have to go out to get firewood. ha! As you can see in the picture, Lily has almost filled out her footie. She definitely had a growth spurt. She ate a lot of food again last night. I love watching her eat cauliflower. She loves it! She drops whatever she's holding to eat it. :) I know, this will probably change as she gets older.

I had something to write about Lily... Something developmental. Hmmmmm Well, in this picture she looks like she's surfing on her keyboard. Oh yeah! Lily has been sleeping through the night. As Pedro has more incentive to get up at a set time every morning (ie. work) he's been waking Lily up early and the result has been her sleeping through the night. Also, her molar came in so that's probably not hurting her either. :)

I took this picture when it first started snowing, well over an hour ago. It's been snowing heavy and steady for all that time. I know, that's small potatoes for some of you but for our little neck of the woods, this is SOMETHING. Remember, it was in the 70s a week or so ago. 70s F is like low 20s C. The snow is supposed to turn into freezing rain this afternoon so it's just going to be a really ugly mess. But I have a nice warm fire and a nice happy baby, so all is good in my little world. :) Pedro told me that I can make him a carrot cake to take to work. Thanks! *grumble*

No comments: