Saturday, January 19, 2008

Funniversary!

Hah! Beat that! We all had fun tonight. Grandma, grandpa and auntie Nicole drove up to go out for dinner with us. It was a combined anniversary and birthday meal. We went to the Aberdeen Barn. I'd heard of it from a lot of people as being the best place to grab a steak in our neck of the woods. The steak cuts were exceptional. But I think the baked potatoes were the real winners. :)

I was a little naughty. I ordered a fried lobster tail for an appetizer. It's the south and they fry everything, get over it already. It was delicious. It was split in half, dipped in a light batter and fried until crispy! Lily yummed up her pieces. :) I felt kind of guilty ordering lobster but my tummy said, yes please!, so I said yes please too. :) Out of my mouth, I mean.

We dolled up Lily in one of her party dresses. She cried when people first came to the house but she got over it fairly quickly this time and even let grandpa hold her! Shock, awe! The downsides to the restaurant were the food taking a really long time (other people came in after us and ate way before us), not really being cooked to order (I asked for medium and it was closer to rare - a lot closer), we had to ask for rolls (as we waited at least 45 minutes for our food, they should have been throwing rolls at us to keep us happy), and the waiter should have known that the creme brulee would beat the apple crisp hands down! achem

Anyway, Lily was an absolute champ. She sat in that seat from 6 until almost 8 at night. She didn't cry and she didn't complain. A few bread sticks may have been chucked but for the most part it was pretty quiet. I must admit that I did have some steak envy. I ordered a "princess cut". Mostly, cuz I had ordered the lobster thing. Oh, the cool thing about the restaurant was that they put huge servings of condiments on the table. Our sour cream disappeared pretty quickly. :)

I feel kind of bad for g-ma, g-pa and Nicole. I'm sitting here thinking about going to bed and they're still on the road! Pedro went to bed a while ago, snuggling Miss Lily. :) I'm up enjoying the peace and quiet!!!

Nicole, thanks for sharing the creme brulee!!! We'll figure out how to make our own. :)



3 comments:

The Mom and Roxi Page said...

I had a good time. We got home safely. and it's a deal on thr creme brugoodness......

LzyMom said...

I'm glad you guys made it home safely. I looked at VA 511 and the roads from Richmond, on down, looked like that had some snow on them.

I wonder if I could make carrot creme brulee??

Dream Waker said...

Simply the Best
Love g-ma