Friday, March 14, 2008

Thoughts in Chaos


Ten points if you know what the title is from. (not you Pedro) Holy crap. What a morning. We all slept in. Lily actually woke up at 6:30 (ma ma, da DA) but I stuck her behind me in bed and we snuggled and fell into a power nap. It was nice but I wanted to get her to the library for story hour. eep So mommy (me) rearranged a few things on the space time continuum and we got there just at 10 (slow dorks on 53, not withstanding). So, I got Lily to color, once she got comfortable but she really wasn't sure what to make of it all. Then story time started and Lily wanted me to hold her (all the other kids were arranged in a semi circle - too cute). She checked things out and I could tell she wanted down.

Now, I'm not a totally stupid person so I assumed Lily wanted down to get closer to the story circle. Her "looking around" was actually highly accurate readings of the size of the building and the speed with which she could navigate it. She took off like a bat from you-know-where. Seriously. She ran laps around the building, with me chasing after her. Oh, she would stop in little alcoves and attempt to drag books off of shelves and when that didn't work, zip, off again. I'm exhausted, and thankfully she's tired too. I didn't think she would EVER run out of energy. Later I'll have to play her some Lenny Kravitz. Always on the run!

So after story time, was arts and crafts time. Everything was arranged while the (other) kids were listening to the story. I told Lily "not yet" so she'd run around the tables saying "no no no no". Well, at least she got the idea, right? So, you know, the beginning of the universe, different elements trying to form together to make something*, all swirling and chaotic. Not so different from the arts and crafts time, except my chaos had glue sticks. We (I) did manage to make our "bell" but Lily was very helpful in stealing everyone else's bells and putting them in her cup. Which wasn't that bad because when someone was missing something, I just found it in Lily's stuff. :) It was overwhelming. The local school was closed today so there were a ton of kids there. Speedracer, I mean, Lily did pretty well.

Seriously. I am worn out. I do want to go to the Easter egg hunt next Tuesday but there are a lot of things to bring and I'm not sure I can manage it all. And, it's obvious that Lily might not be developed enough to participate. Nobody else's kid was taking off. So we'll have to have more book reading time at home.

Oh yeah, in other news, I've been working on our front door. It has looked crappy for a long time. So I was sitting on the sofa thinking, wait a second, I have the right color paint, I have a brush... It needs another coat or two and I was in a hurry so I didn't sand it or anything. I want to replace the door, but until I have the money to do that, I can spruce it up on the cheap. :) Yay, mommy! (me)

* me completely adlibbing the creation of the universe

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I looked for Lily's bell to put it in the precious things glass cabinet in the kitchen and could not find. I will look again when I get off work this afternoon. Had a hoot this week end with Lily and of course Sonia and Pedro. My cup runnath over.
g-ma

LzyMom said...

I think I put the bell on the windowsill by the plants. We had a good time too. :) I'm glad Lily and g-pa got along.