Saturday, March 22, 2008

One of those days...

where it feels like there's nothing on the internet. Am I the only one that feels that way sometimes?? Oh and old people are getting their second and last warning. Just because you are old you do not get to come onto my side of the road to pass someone, making me slam on my breaks to not hit you, because you don't feel like waiting for them to move, or waiting until it's clear to go around them. Okay??? Just because you're old, you are not entitled to put other people, ie. ME, in danger. Denny's won't run out of the items on its Senior Menu anytime soon.

Sigh. Onto my Friday Facts list, ummm, a few weeks late.

1. I'm still trying to figure out how I feel about my dad's death. I'm trying to just think about the good stuff but, there was SO much bad stuff. Maybe instead of good and bad, I'll think of things that I'm grateful for.

2. My dad taught me how to drive and how to parallel park. I was 13 when I learned to drive because my parents wanted to drink beer in the back of the motor home whilst I kept the wheels on the road (most of the time). I remember when I was 14 and we were driving up the Alaska highway. A trooper passed me and looked in the window and I waved at him while I was driving. I was a cheeky under aged driver. :)

2. My dad taught me how to use power tools and do work on the house. This means I can do my own plumbing and actually fix things. This doesn't mean I always will fix stuff, cuz I have a husband, but knowing how is awesome. :)

3. My dad taught me how to cook. He also taught me how to clean up as I cook so there's not a huge mess at the end. My mom hated housework, which included cooking, so it's a good thing my dad stepped up. Or my husband would be one hungry man or Domino's would have a lot more money.

4. My dad taught me how to ride a bike, swim, etc.

5. Well, my dad was fiercely anti-religion and wouldn't let me be baptized. He wanted me to make up my mind for myself. I am grateful for that because it has allowed me to evaluate how I feel about the world, and not be told how to feel about it. (Although, seriously, he hated religions so much you couldn't even talk to him about it - it was kind of a rabid topic)

6. I can't think of anything else to be grateful about so I guess this is it! I can't even think of any other facts to share. I hate mushrooms - I think I've covered that.

So have a Happy Easter/Ostara!

No comments: