Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Cute? Guilty as charged

I was at the VA School of Massage yesterday, finalizing things for classes. No, I'm not going to be a massage therapist. I don't like touching people all that much (hello hairy backs and backne (back acne)) They have esthetician classes. I'm excited but with all that's going on at the moment, it's been put on the enthusiasm back burner.

Now, at the school Lily was running amok in an office. She can't resist piles of paper. Then she stole the guy's calculator, ripped the front off of a shredder, started pulling out files. SIGH Anyway, I waited until I was done to clean up after her. I apologized and the nice man said it was okay because she was so adorable. I stopped for a second. Oh no. I don't really want her to get away with things because she's cute. It's not going to happen in my house but I'm sure she'll figure out that other people treat her differently.

Let's see... Lily loves to spin. I try to keep her away from hard surfaces when she does it. I love the shrieking that goes along with the twirling. Sigh. I swear, I always have lots of things to write about before I sit down.... Well, none of you will have any idea how hard it was to get the pictures of her with the doodad in her hair. It's the first time she's let me do it. Usually, a fight breaks out. And not a very long one, because it is her hair and who am I to enforce cuteness on an already adorable child??? The grinch, that's who. ha!

Let's see... Lily loves the table and chairs that grandpa got her. I'm very grateful for washable crayons and markers. Lily spends a lot of time coloring - sometimes on paper. :) I'm working really hard on trying to teach her the names of some of her body parts, ie nose, ear, eyes... She actually called me mommy this morning and I am so used to being called daddy that I told her "No, I'm daddy". Then I was all, wait a second. It was a Bugs Bunny episode come to life...

Oh yeah! Lily slept through the night last night. I actually went to bed at 8:30 to try and get some sleep and we didn't get up until 6:30. Okay, there may have been some noise around 4 when she lost her pacifier and made loud chewing noises on a blanket but I ignored her and fell back asleep. :) yay! Well, since I've been working on this Lily has pulled out the hair doodad. Sigh. Cute and stubborn. I'm in for years of fun. Sigh.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah poney tails.LOL :):):)
g-ma