Monday, July 30, 2007

Hiiiiii

Lily has a new word down. "Hi". I don't think she really knows what it means. She uses it to say Riley's name. "Hi-yee". She puts a lot of effort into saying that cat's name and he doesn't deserve it! Okay, I'm a little jealous. Today she was helping me put together the new baby gate. It feels so much better to not have to worry about Lily knocking over the old one.

Unfortunately, (for Daphne) there's no way into the living room now. Riley can make it easily and B.G. has developed a new flying leap which is entertaining to watch but poor fat old Daphne just cannot make it. I'll have to set her up in a new room. I love watching Lily on her toes!!!! She zooms along holding onto the furniture. I'm sure she'll be taking her first unaccompanied steps any day!!!

I guess that's about it. Pedro's surviving his first day of work. Oh and Lily is back to napping without any struggles. I think with all the excitement of having the Rock Star (daddy) home she didn't want to miss out on anything. Mommy is pretty boring, I guess. But boring means dependable! And ummm, safe! ha! Take that, Hi-yee.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi-yee does sound very close to Ri-ley. Go going Lily. What a clever girl.

Poor old Daphne - I can relate very closely to her situtation. Hang in there Daph.

Have a good day all.

LzyMom said...

There are several other rooms available to Daphne. A couple of them have large comfy beds. It shouldn't be too much of a hardship to be shut out of the living room during the day. :)

Anonymous said...

Thomas and Cole are learning a lot about being shut away from comfort. They both are limited to the kitchen and landing. They are still not getting along.