Thursday, July 5, 2007

Everything

Everything turned out pretty well yesterday. The food was great. We didn't have room for hamburgers. I guess grilled peanut chicken kabobs aren't really standard Independence Day fare but I wanted something a little lighter than hotdogs and hamburgers full of fat! This is a nice picture on the back deck. Yes, that's a forest behind my house. And a profusion of cat nip to the left of grandma. (Our left, not hers) I planted it 3 years ago and it was pretty measly. It just keeps coming back every year, bigger than the year before. I'm glad catnip likes neglect. :)

I like to call this picture "Mommy Needs to Be More Aware of Where She's Taking Pictures". In front of a laundry pile no less. Sigh. But that's a pretty typical picture of Lily when she's in full swing. It looks like she's going to make a flying leap for her daddy. Grandma and Lily had some good bonding time yesterday. :) Well, I'm sure there was more I was going to write about but Miss Lily is crying in her crib. She wants to be out and about, playing with her new toys!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, we should watch where we are shooting (photos that is)especially if they are for a special occasion.

If you remember Sonia, I was married in December, in a bar in a remote mining camp in the Yukon. It was 72 degrees below zero. There was a trash can in most of my pictures. There I am in my wedding dress standing right next to a trash can.

And don't worry too much about Mount Washmore, it will be there tomorrow.

LzyMom said...

Actually, I didn't know where you where married, or when! (if at all, ha!)

Anonymous said...

What a brat you are. I can say the same about you since you were too cheap to have a 'real' wedding and invite us all. HMPH!