Monday, May 11, 2009

ummm

Okay, so that outage is for Wednesday at 5. Whatever. Have I mentioned that I'm pregnant and a little out of it??? Anyway, I'm having trouble keeping Lily out of the crib. I've told her that it's for her baby sister and that seems to drive her insane. Yesterday, she stabbed me in the belly with a ball point pen. * Does sibling rivalry start before birth?

I think the most fun I had at the beach was watching Lily have fun. Everything was a joy to her. Swimming in the pool, getting chased by the waves and finding dead fish. I enjoyed the pool too. I felt slightly less ungraceful in the water. And I liked my bathing suit. It felt like "hello baby belly!". If I had found a bikini to fit me, I would have been wearing that. And woe to all those who would look upon my inverted belly button and shudder.

Anyway, what was I talking about? So Lily had a great time. I enjoyed myself as much as I could. I know I want to go back for another family vacation but now I face the dilemma: hotel or beach house? I think the hotel would be more expensive but how nice is it to have someone else make the bed and fold the towels? It never seemed like a big deal before. :) That was the view out of the hotel door. It was awesome. The one drawback was the sidewalk right outside. No one kept us up at night but anyone who knows me well, knows how I break into dance without any provocation so some people may have seen me bust some moves. I'm sure dancing pregnant women are not frightening at all.

We also went to the North Carolina aquarium. Lily was all over that. It's pretty in the Outer Banks. I'm not really into beach "stuff", ie. I'm as pale as a fish's belly so tanning is out. I like making a cup of coffee, sitting in a chair (out of direct sunlight) listening to the waves crash and feeling the timelessness of the moment. It's a zen thing. I think.

This is my favorite picture. Of course, I haven't seen g-ma and g-pa's pictures yet. Speaking of which, I'd like to give them a big thumbs up for coming with us and watching Lily. I know it's a joy for grandparents to spend time with their grandkids, but I really appreciated the time to relax. So thank you. :)

* Not making that up. She was in time out for a long time.

No comments: